• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

two female trifasciata

BeastMaster

5 Year Member
Aloha fm Honolulu Hawaii. My male tri harassed & killed his counterpart yesterday. This was a young pair that I’ve had for about a month. Looking for 2 females to replace. Anybody got surplus that they can part with? Mahalo!

BeastMaster

5 Year Member
So, maybe a pic of the lonely male will trigger a response.
7172B5EB-BBB4-4EFE-A528-DA852BDF79D7.jpeg

I’m a single male tri, looking for a couple of females to be part of my harem. I grew up in Portland Oregon and moved to Honolulu Hawaii about a month ago. I had a counterpart that I came to Hawaii with but she wasn’t compatible & about a week & half ago she moved on to greener pastures. I’m a young virile male looking for 2 young eligible female tris to move into my well planted tank here in paradise. Have your people contact my people to hook us up.

BeastMaster

5 Year Member
A17DC5C3-35F2-4DC1-A6BF-FD3452C9E3C2.jpeg
171EE83E-140E-448A-A184-8528AB5C662A.jpeg
Too late, the male passed away. Circumstances are kinda weird though. I picked up a 2nd pair of trifasciata at a lfs two weeks ago. I was determined to maintain a trio so, I had only placed the female from this pair into the established tank w/ the resident male. Curiously, the male immediately became submissive to the new female and went into hiding in one of the newly placed terra cotta Apisto huts & rarely showed himself. A few days ago, the male was found out in the open looking emaciated & later in the day passed away.
Over the weekend, a 3rd pair of trifasciata was picked up and placed in the tank w/ the lone female. The male from this 3rd pair was selected as the breeder as opposed to the 2nd additional pair due to better coloration. The other male was placed in an adjacent tank and now serves as territorial stimulus to the potential harem trio. It all worked out, now to pamper the trio for breeding.

BeastMaster

5 Year Member
Noticed that both females have staked out “Apisto Huts” @ opposite ends of the tank & have seen the male visiting & entering. Looks promising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….