• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

tips

brad

5 Year Member
I see most of you use mirrors to get your males to flare and show his fins. If I put a mirror against the side of my tank, my male turns dark (most notably the eyes) and nearly lays down on the sand. Fins clamped. Does he need to practice? lol

blueblue

5 Year Member
brad said:
I see most of you use mirrors to get your males to flare and show his fins. If I put a mirror against the side of my tank, my male turns dark (most notably the eyes) and nearly lays down on the sand. Fins clamped. Does he need to practice? lol

More practice can help... usually, when the male fish looks at the mirror and finds "another male fish" (its image) in front, by the cichlid nature, it will try its best to fight and protect its own territory... So, it will display in front of the mirror and attack the image. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bijouxcailloux

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….