• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Think My fish are in trouble

mematrix

5 Year Member
Think My fish are in trouble "update"

:frown: Hi All. Well I got bad news today. The 2 Pr A. Borelliis and 1pr N. anamolas. Have gotten caught in that bad weather in Ohio. Their Transport was delayed at the airport I think. The #$%#% snow storm up there has caused a delay. The tracking # shows they are there in Willmington OH as of 9:12 am wed were suposed to be here around 5:00 pm wed departed from sisters OR 3:37 pm tue. I think they are snowed in sure hope not. Man sure hope they have survived when they get here. Been waiting so long for them already. Mother Nature is a pain in the butt. Good thing is I contacted David Soares and he said will replace if they are DOA. He said 3 other customers are in same boat. Hopefully they will get here early thur morning they may have a chance of making it then if they didn't freeze. Keeping my fingers crossed praying to Posiden to LoL. Man this really sucks. Well G2G Sincerely Curtis PS can fish go 48+hrs in bag ? :frown: :confused:

Geoff

5 Year Member
I am only about 40 miles from Wilmington. If it helps we aren't snowed in and it is above freezing but it sucks that your fish are delayed.

Geoff

Randall

5 Year Member
Shipping fish

Hello Curtis,

Sorry to hear about your MIA fish. I've been in the same boat. If Dave packed them well and included suitable heat packs, they should be fine. Having been in your shoes before, now I always check the weather report before ordering fish.

Good luck!

Randall Kohn

mematrix

5 Year Member
My Fish Arrived

:tongue: Hi All thanks for all the support and possitive renforcement. The fish arrived 3 borellii dead 2 DOA 1 Shortly threafter both males 1 female. As for the Nannacaras anamolas didn't get them was sent wrong fish Laetacara dorsinger they are doing fine one was touch and go but has pulled out swimming and exploring tank. David Soares said he will resend not sure exactly what that entails will see. I went to my LFS and they had Assorted Apistos for $2.99 ea. I decided to by a pr the tank said agassizii but the ones I got are bitaeniata acording to my dwarf cichlid book the pic and my fish look the same. Just Thought I'd post saying I got my fish well some fish. Sincerely Curtis :biggrin:

mematrix

5 Year Member
Posted pics of survivors

:biggrin: Hi Everybody Well I finally was able to get photos of the survivors. I also got photos of my lucky find in my LFS that I got a pr of. I also got an Email from David Soares saying he's sending my replacements and N. anamolas. pics are in my link in my sig, Sincerely Curtis :tongue:

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….