• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The fish most love when I go away!

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Spent last week and weekend in Indy for the ACA convention. The week and even the day before I left I shuffled fish around and did water changes on every tank in the fish room except one rack that's nearly empty and another rack that has pairs or small groups of West African cichlids in 20 highs. And when I got back from the convention I found the following:

Apistogramma cacatuoides (triple red male/wild "blue" female) with free swimming fry
Apistogramma caetei Caete wild caught with free swimming fry
Apistogramma kelleri wild caught with free swimming fry (the female had wigglers in her mouth before I went on the trip
Chromidotilapia guntheri guntheri Lake Volta wild caught brooding fry (I think they had spawned right before I left)

I did have my dad stop by twice to feed the fish and make sure nothing was terribly wrong in the fishroom but other then that the room was left along. I guess I need to stay out of the fishroom more myself even while I am home!

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Now to clear out some plecos and possibly some tetras that are in with some of the fish you want Scott so they have a chance to spawn as well.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Jeff, you have learned the Ella Pittman rule of breeding, "Just plan a vacation and the Cardinal Tetras spawn!":) Ella was a long time member of the Colorado Aquarium Society in the 50-70s and could breed anything. She moved to Portland OR; Colorado's loss, Oregon's gain.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonaldStype

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….