• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The enigmatical names of Brazilian Apistogramma's species

K-Pon

5 Year Member
:confused: What this are species concretely ? :confused:
On several StoskLists I found (for me unclear) Apistogramma's species . Can someone tell me what exactly are they ? (maybe A-numbers) ?

1.. Apistogramma sp-assurimin
2.. Apistogramma sp-cachoeira
3.. Apistogramma of sp-boa vista
4.. Apistogramma super xingu
5.. Apistogramma super tapajos
6.. Apistogramma agassizi tucurui
7.. Apistogramma sp-caeté
8.. Crenicihla cf nofthlamus alenquer

Has someone some photos or links to photos ?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
These are commercial names made by the exporter or importer. None are names published in books or magazine articles. Without seeing the fish it is impossible to know what you have.

Gillie

5 Year Member
It sounded logical, but like you said they are commercial names so they could be anything. I did find one picture of the regani alenquer and if it is actually that fish it is a really nice form compared to the typical regani.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Two different species of apistos from the Alenquer area have been labeled as "A. regani": A. geisleri Smaragd/Emerald and A. cf. taeniata Alenquer.

Anubias Design

Staff member
5 Year Member
Boa Vista = rupunini

Mike,
I know that list and that exporter. The fish they send as Boa Vista have always been rupunini. The others are not as consistent.
Mark

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OzzynHarriet

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….