• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tank Raised Adult Apisto. sp. Kelleri and A. barlowi Red Face

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Just in, some of the nicest Apistogramma sp. Kelleri and Apistogramma barlowi Red Face that I have seen! Both are F1 stock that are off spring from wild fish I brought in. I got the F1 fish from someone in the area who spawned the wild fish. I’ll get some pictures of them up soon but these are adult fish with great fins and incredible color-they just might be nicer then their wild caught parents!
Apistogramma sp. Kelleri F1 2″- 1/2″+ $40/pr
Apistogramma barlowi Red Face F1 2″-2 1/2″+ $40/pr
-both of these species are mouthbrooding Apistos-

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
They came in Sunday Mike, sorry! I didn't find out about them until early Sunday and then had them a few hours later. And I don't have the room for them either!!! It's wall to wall Apistos right now with a few more dwarfs coming in from Brazil hopefully this Monday.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
There are two forms of Apistogramma barlowi: white and blue (red face). I prefer the name red face over blue as the blue isn't always blue depending on the lighting and conditions so I use "red face"

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Maybe Mike Wise can address that but I have NEVER gotten the two forms together when bringing them in from Peru. It's always one or the other and more often it's the white form.

Kipper

I think they are much better than the wild parents. They got better food right from the start so their color is much brighter and more intense than the wild parents. The best fish I have ever seen from these Apistos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….