• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

taeniacara candidi sick ? Pale/white scales

Drakal

So, the taeniacara is still doing great, he shows great colors now, i'm really glad that everything is okay for him now. Since he is not sick anymore, there is way less agrression between the two of them, i will still move him when a tank is ready, and i'm still in search for females.

So i'm looking to replace the Otos, do Parotocinclus suffer from the same issues or are they more "safe" to buy ?

If they are in the shop for quit some times now (few months), is it safer to try it ?

Drakal

Okay, found 3 Parotocinclus spilosoma

I managed to get one mâle isolated, for now he is in a little breeding box with some leafs and a hide in the aquarium. Wasn't easy, they are fast ! And there is lot of plants and hardscape in my tank, so i did it at night by siphoning one who was near the suface with a big hose in a bucket, woosh fast and ez, minimum of stress too isntaed of chasing them for hours with a net

Still can't find any females, a shop can order some but they can't sex them before ordering, and they have to buy in lot and he can't keep them because it won't sell, so long story short, i have to buy a least 10 of them and hope for the best. So obviously, i'm not gonna do this

Drakal

Hello !

just to keep you updated :

They are still doing fine, i put one male in a new tank, after the save i was kinda attached to him so i didn't want to rehome him... He now lives in his own tank, doing great. He even eats frozen food now, wich is great (the other one still refuses it and eats only live food)

I also found captive bread otos, so i bought a small group, will see but for now they are doing great and they do eat a lot (they go crazy on repashy soilent green), i can see them getting fatter already.

Still searching for females Taeniacara, but i have to be sure they are females i dont want more males, and the shop where i bought them have some atm but they are young and hard to tell if they are males or females ..

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….