• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Strawberry

blueblue

5 Year Member
Strawberry ^.^

straw1a_102.jpg

straw5_189.jpg

straw6_146.jpg

straw4a_118.jpg

valice

5 Year Member
Ooooo... one of my favourite Peruvian Apisto...
Very beautiful red cheeks.
Wild? Or bred?

Genes

5 Year Member
Great looking specimen. Those that we got here are pale and whitish in colour. Yours is so red!

blueblue

5 Year Member
Ooooo... one of my favourite Peruvian Apisto...
Very beautiful red cheeks.
Wild? Or bred?

100% wildcaught direct import from Peru :)

It's selected from a bag of strawberry...

PS: Looking at it, people should know how ugly the strawberry's pictures are in Uwe's CAII...

blueblue

5 Year Member
Great looking specimen. Those that we got here are pale and whitish in colour. Yours is so red!
again, not every specimen is that red; i picked one pair from each of the two consecutive imports and i have got an even better looking pair.... but the male fish is very shy that i failed to capture a nice shot of it

peterK

5 Year Member
Looking at it, people should know how ugly the strawberry's pictures are in Uwe's CAII...
Yes, you are 100% right. The photos in Uwe's Atlas are very dark.
But, of course, your photos are very good (as always^.^).
By the way, I like 'Strawberries' much more than their close related spiecies, I mean Bitas.

Piotr>>>

brad

5 Year Member
What's the scientific name for "Strawberry"? (I mean the fish, not the fruit):wink:

blueblue

5 Year Member
Yes, you are 100% right. The photos in Uwe's Atlas are very dark.
But, of course, your photos are very good (as always^.^).
By the way, I like 'Strawberries' much more than their close related spiecies, I mean Bitas.

Piotr>>>

Hi Piotr: Yes, me too... you see, i basically keep very few bita while i used to keep quite a lot of A. eremnopyge (Strawberry)... ^_^

zmirek

5 Year Member
Hi
but the male fish is very shy that i failed to capture a nice shot of it
I've noted from several e-mails found here that eremnopyge is considered to be a shy species.

Frankly speaking I have quite different experience. I have rised group of eremnopyge (together with same size group of A. sp. Abacaxis) from 1 cm fry to adult. Now I am keeping them in 240L tank and to tell about them as "shy" is the last word I could tell.

Maybe the key is to keep them in groups (mine is 2 males and 6 females) instead of keeping in pairs. I do prefer such way of keeping dwarf cichlids even if it requires more spacious tanks and automatically reduces number of species kept.

All the best

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….