• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Steel Blue?

boyohboy

5 Year Member
Just saw these in my LFS. They'r labeled as Viejita... but kinda look like the elusive Steel Blue hybrid(?), is it? Sorry for the blurry pics... taken with my cell phone and the tank was pretty dark in the store.

Kinda tempting for me to buy a few, only $6-7@... too bad it looks like all male there :(

23-11-07_1548.jpg

23-11-07_1549.jpg

23-11-07_1550.jpg

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Even with the blurry pics the fish do look to be "steel blue". Females often look just like males in a store's tank so look closely and watch for a "pair" taking over a part of the tank.

A very pretty fish if you don't mind the stigma of a hybrid/mystery origin fish.

Jeff

boyohboy

5 Year Member
Thanks aquaticclarity, yeah I was standing in front of that tank for 10min staring at them to see if there's any pairing. Didn't notice any yet... but I'm sure i'll be back few more times to look at them.

apisto-nut, it's in a LFS here in Kingston... so about 3hr east of u :)

BTW, is there any new info about this SteelBlue stain? I only read about it like 2 years ago... not sure what's new, if any. Is it still pretty much a mystery?

matt0129081

5 Year Member
I was just going to send a picture of these in to get an id. I bought a pair they were labelled as borelli but I didn't think they were. Turned out the guy in the shop sold me two males. I'm looking for a female if anyone knows of any

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….