• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Steatocranus

Randall

5 Year Member
Steatocranus Species

Dear Rikard,

Hello to all of you too!

I don't know what is routinely available in Sweden, but in the US, one sees S. casuarius and S. tinanti from time to time. I, for one, would like to keep S. irvinei, but Steatocranus species are generally considered somewhat of a "specialty" here, so one does not see them too often.

Thank you.

Randall Kohn

Neil

Here is a list of Steatocranus from the species list on Apistogramma.com
http://www.apistogramma.com/specieslist.htm
I would say that any of them are very rare except for causrius and tinanti.

S. CASUARIUS

S. GIBBICEPS

S. GLABER

S. IRVINEI

S. MPOZOENSIS

S. ROUXI

S. UBANGUIENSIS

S. TINANTI

I would love to work with any number of these guys, but that's a whole can of worms that I am not quite ready to open yet! 8O
Neil

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:D

irvinei is a pretty darn cool fish. I had the pleasure of seeing and attempting to photograph a pair at a friend's home in Colorado in 1995?6?.. I've slept since then. I spent hours in front of a 75 gallon heavily planted tank and waited for them to come out. Talk about shy. Not like causarius or tinanti at all. Heard of the blue bottom jaw? It's BLUE... really BLUE... not a faded blueish gray.

Cool fish... be nice to see them around again.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:lol: :lol: :lol: That was in the days before digital. I used to shoot about 100 slides to get one or two decent pics. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do not remember getting any decent shots of them, but I will look through my slides just in case. There might be one or two of blurred shadowy shapes with a bit of blue on the tip.... :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….