• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spectrapure is ready to go!

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:D
We are all set for Spectrapure in the store. The prices on systems are even better than I had originally thought! The amount of suff they have is mind boggling. I have no idea where to begin trying to list it all.

Any suggestions? What are some of the things that are needed? RO and RO/DI units have been mentioned, as well as a few accessories like auto shut offs.

I would appreciate some input as to how we should try to organize what we sell. Since I am local to the company, I will not have to inventory anything, other than possibly filter cartridges that I will probably buy in case lots.

To get us started are some specific examples of the savings we can experience:

3-stage Maxpure M-Pro Systems (RO)
25 gpd $120 (savings = $26)
40 gpd $130 ($31)
60 gpd $140 ($35)
90 gpd $150 ($35)
180 gpd $220 ($50)

UH OH! Time for West Wing! More later.... :D

farm41

5 Year Member
How about a booster pump? I hear they waste less water, and my pressure(I am on a well) is not that good.

Buying water from my friend and then packing it home is getting old.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:)
A low flow booster pump kit (for units ups to 25 gpd) is $130 ($38 off retail), and a hi flow kit is $160 ($39 off retail).

Pressure guage kits are $15.

If anyone is interested in RO/DI, here are the prices (and savings) of the Spectrapure Four-Stage MaxPure MPDI systems:

25 gpd $160 ($68)
40 gpd $170 ($64)
60 gpd $180 ($59)
90 gpd $190 ($62)
180gpd $250 ($88)

Neil

Ted,
Great job! Those seem like really good prices. I am definitely going to want to get a shut off system. Hopefully, you will get some more comments here on what you can specifically list and then just have everything else available by viewing the Spectrapure site. It does present a little problem.
Neil

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Hi Neil...

Spectrapure sells a few different types of auto-shut off kits. The one I use is the Single Tank Liquid Level Replenisher. It uses both a float valve and an air pressure triggered solonoid that turns the machine off. The float valve is a back-up safety device. That kit (LLC-S-120) will cost us $82 Not much savings, unfortunately.

I have found a pattern in their pricing. The items that they manufacture have a pretty hefty mark-up, and their wholesale prices are significantly lower. The stuff that they do not manufacture, like these shut-off systems, are not marked up nearly as much.

They have another type of float level controller (item ASOFK) that does not use the air pressure solonoid. It is designed for reservoirs and sumps. The price on that unit will be $40.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I will be placing an order with Spectrapure tomorrow. Does anyone need anything? Replacement cartriges even! I really want Spectrapure to feel that providing us with this opportunity has been a good idea. I wil get getting a unit and few accessories, but the more the better for a first order.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….