• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sick apisto female triple red. Advice needed

Adam92

Hi everyone im new to the forum. Although before i always came on here to search for advice and tips. I have a triple red apisto pair that are absolutely stunning. They bred, around 45 days later 7 had survived and i moved them from the main tank. As they seemed to be going missing one by one although the female was doing her best they was scattering. and they are doing fine. The female did not react well and ever since( maybe due to stress) she has not eaten, she is acting strange, abnormal gasping, although she did do this before. She has lost all her colour and seems to have an elevated level of slime compared to before. Around her gills seem a little red. She has been like this for around 6 days now and today i caught her in a short bout of thrashing and what seems like scratching on rocks etc.. im really worried. Does anyone know where i can start with treatment? No other fish have been effected. Just her. I will try to attach images. Thank you in advance for reading and replies.

Attachments

• 20190218_193032.jpg
    20190218_193032.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 552
  • 20190218_193122.jpg
    20190218_193122.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 539

Adam92

Thanks for the reply. I hope she does recover. She was a beautiful fish in her full colours, what are the chances of my male contracting this ? I am from the UK and i cant seem to find this Kanamycin for sale. Do you have a link or is there anything similar you can think of i can buy? Im doing regular water changes and so far she hasnt got worse, but doesnt look much better either :(

Adam92

Thanks Ade, her gills are quite red and i noticed her nostrils are too. Apparently gill flukes is very contagious yet nothing else is affected as of yet and it has been 7 days now.. symptoms sound right but i guess a bacterial infection could look similar. Its so hard to say indefinitely what it is. When i look at her gills they are red through the skin. and theres a blood red looking pin mark. Thanks again, I appreciate the replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….