• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shades

georgedv

5 Year Member
I would like to build lamp shades to direct more light into the tanks. I am using compact fluorescent day light lights hanging over the tanks. What kind of material is safe and workable (bendable) so as to shape the shade like a cone around the light.

thanks
george

georgedv

5 Year Member
Again thank you Mike,
Yes its the screw on bulbs. I have not found anything that will fit safely to the base. I was hoping something light in weight and low in price would exist for I will need 14 of them. I ll just keep looking something will pop up.

george

wethumbs

5 Year Member
You should go check out the local craft stores like Jo-Ann fabric. You may feel abit out of place as each time I was there, I would be the only male customer in the entire store. I could spend alot of time in there comparing different materials to use as spawning mop or finding alternative uses of various items that would work well in the fishroom.

Oh, you can always line the inside of the shade with aluminum foil to maximize the effect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….