• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

RO water

peregrine3751

5 Year Member
Hi all;
Be careful if you buy RO water from a LFS. I was buying RO from a good LFS but it turns out the didn't now how a RO system works. They have both outgoing lines going into the holding tank. That's right, I was buying tapwater (pH 8 to 9, GH 16, and KH 9 that's my tap 8O ). I never thought to test it. Be careful, TEST.
peregrine3751

Neil

No kidding. That is pretty annoying. What a mistake to make when instructions for RO units are very uncomplicated and emphasize what to do with the various colored tubes :oops: .
I think that it is worth getting reimbursed for this mistake. Not only did you pay (who knows how much) for tap water but you spent a good deal of time, gas, etc. in the process trying to establish appropriate conditions in your tank(s) without the proper tool(good water). Free water (after they take the wastewater tube out!!!) or store credit seems more than fair to me.
What about all those people that will never know?! :x
Neil

Bissot_J

5 Year Member
Just a question not really off topic but
how long RO water can be keep ?
and is there anybody here can give me some idea about a system who will
stop the water automaticly when my reserve is full ?

thanks in advance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….