• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Requesting help with identifying Apisto Panduro

Laurie

Hello. In addition to two new Panduros I recently had in quarantine, I have one in my 20G long. My LFS felt confident it was a male, but I think it might be female. If anyone with experience with Panduros could give me your opinion based on the photos, I’d greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_7325.jpeg
    IMG_7325.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_7322.jpeg
    IMG_7322.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 121

Laurie

Thanks for replying. I suspect I have three females in my tank now, which is not what I wanted since I would like to have a breeding pair.Plus, the original panduro is not happy having the other two in her tank. In your experience, do the males have an obvious blue color to them? Finding a breeding pair is proving to be a challenge so far, especially since the well-meaning LFS employees in both stores I got my Panduros from thought they were giving me the opposite sex than I ended up getting. I guess it’s not always obvious. Thanks again.

anewbie

The one i had was mature and had an obvious blue colouring. The females are territorial and can be intolerable to new tank mates.

Leinrw

Hello. In addition to two new Panduros I recently had in quarantine, I have one in my 20G long. My LFS felt confident it was a male, but I think it might be female. If anyone with experience with Panduros could give me your opinion based on the photos, I’d greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
I bought two little panduros and at least one May be male. They are in a separate tank from my two females. Here is one of the little ones. I previously had a blue male with a black blotch (I first thought was a female)

Attachments

• 7876A291-2D98-42BC-AD40-76B221D356AE.jpeg
    7876A291-2D98-42BC-AD40-76B221D356AE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 85

Leinrw

I bought two little panduros and at least one May be male. They are in a separate tank from my two females. Here is one of the little ones. I previously had a blue male with a black blotch (I first thought was a female)
The other little one looks blue in this picture

Attachments

• A036F001-B1E0-4854-8EFA-8AD3229AD4DC.jpeg
    A036F001-B1E0-4854-8EFA-8AD3229AD4DC.jpeg
    710.8 KB · Views: 89

Paul1006

That black spot in the middle of it's side leads me to believe you have a female there.

Paul1006

Thanks for replying. I suspect I have three females in my tank now, which is not what I wanted since I would like to have a breeding pair.Plus, the original panduro is not happy having the other two in her tank. In your experience, do the males have an obvious blue color to them? Finding a breeding pair is proving to be a challenge so far, especially since the well-meaning LFS employees in both stores I got my Panduros from thought they were giving me the opposite sex than I ended up getting. I guess it’s not always

Laurie

Sorry to bother, but have you ever contacted Jason@redfishbluefish? I sent him an email, but received a msg that the address failed. Just wondered if you had successfully sent an email to that address. I did not attach any photos. Thanks.

anewbie

Sorry to bother, but have you ever contacted Jason@redfishbluefish? I sent him an email, but received a msg that the address failed. Just wondered if you had successfully sent an email to that address. I did not attach any photos. Thanks.
it will be .com or similar - no email address leaves off a TLD (the part after the period).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….