• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pyrrhulina cf. brevis

Jonm

I was able to get some Pyrrhulina cf. brevis. I am having a little bit of a hard time finding any info on them. I am wanting to use them as dithers for my breeding pair of A. Agassizii. Would Pyrrhulina cf. brevis make suitable dithers / tank mates with 1 pair of A. Agassizii in a 20L? I do not want to put them in if they fry eating piranha. I purchased 10 of them and am planning on putting them all in together. I am not sure if that is a good number or not. If that is too many I can seperate them out in other tanks if need be. If anyone has any other info or suggestions please let me know, thanks.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
P. cf. brevis is a group of closely related species. Some can get fairly large, 3+"/8cm, but in my experience do well with breeding apistos. They tend to stay near the surface, so aren't really fry predators.

Apistomaster

5 Year Member
Wish I would come across some P. cf brevis. I had a reverse trio which came mixed in with a box of Cardinal Tetras almost a life time ago. I had a pair spawn on the tip of an Amazon Sword leaf but the eggs were eaten before they hatched.
Males are pretty especially when spawning. Best of luck. Cool fish.

Jonm

They are really interesting fish. I have really enjoyed watching them and their antics. I purchased mine from msjinkzd online in a group buy. You may want to see if she has some left. I had a really good experience and will be buying from her again.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomek B.

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….