• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Potential disease, advice needed

MikeLeMike

Hello friends, I am new to this forum and I come seeking advise.

I am worried about my new male apistogramma cacatuoides I recently bought. He has been doing good. Feeding frozen foods from hakari and northfins pellets. He's eating well for the last few weeks, but I noticed this week a swollen bump in the anal/vent area appeared.

I am unsure if this could be worms of some sort and how to threat it ?

I know he has recently fertilized the eggs of a female because ,I saw female guarding wigglers. Could that be a cause ?

Here are some pictures. Thanks for the help.

View attachment IMG_20201119_162153.jpgView attachment IMG_20201119_162211.jpgView attachment IMG_20201119_162513.jpgView attachment IMG_20201119_162535.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….