• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pelvicachromis taeniatus "Ogele"

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
That is a new one to me... A quick search turned up this website with images: http://www.berg-henry.no/album/fish?page=2

The fish pictured as P. t. Ogele is a Cameroon form. Southern Cameroon to be specific. I suspect that there is the village called Ogele in the area just north of Kribi. This looks a lot like Kienke or Lokounje.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
After further digging, the only places I find that fish listed is on eastern European fish wholesale and retail websites. I believe that this is a tank strain produced in Czech, as are many P. taeniatus. Considering that the first page I found pictures of it on is also located in that area, and there are images of other tank-strain westies in that gallery, I think my suspicions are pretty accurate.

Ogele looks like a nice strain though. It has the same requirements of any P. taeniatus.

briztoon

5 Year Member
OK pictures.

013-2.jpg

015-3.jpg

014-2.jpg

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
The female in the picture looks a lot like most of the southern Cameroon populations. The male has a mish mash of characteristics of Cameroon types and Nigerian types. The yellow body color and pattern in the anal fin are seen in Cameroon populations. The Caudal ocelli that extend to the edge of the fin and the dark edge to the lower half of the caudal fin are characteristics of Nigerian forms.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….