• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

painted tanks

jimjon

5 Year Member
Will the apistos feels more comfortable in tanks with the sides painted? I find that many of my apistos are swimming up and down the glass all day long, as though trying to get to the other side of the glass.

Neil

Probably. They might also settle down a little on their own with time. I usually allow algae to grow and remain on the sides and back of my tanks. I just clean the front. That saves on time and it seems to make them feel more "bordered", so they have their controled little home or territory. They can still see through to other tanks and pretend battle other fish, but it is not like there is so many other places to go with clean glass. The other things that the algae helps with is that it reduces minor bio spikes from large water changes and low filtration. And as an added bonus, it give the fry something to work on when they are young in between meals because of the inherant organisms.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frankephex

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….