• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P. Taeniatus males challenging each other

Joe Gatchell

Very nice fish colours on display....

What tank size are they in?

In that video they were in a 29 gallon and there were 3 males and 4 females growing out in there. I lost a pair last week due to the camallanus worms I'm fighting, but I have one pair in a 40 gallon long, and the remaining pair in a 29 gallon. They seem to be responding to the medication, so I am hopeful I will end up with two healthy pairs. I may sell the other pair or put them in the 40 gallon long. I haven't decided yet. I'm going to probably be going back to over the road trucking, and my wife is not a fish person, so I need to get down to one tank to make things easier on all. :)

fish-n-chips

That is a great video Joe! Your taenies have some great colors on them. If you get back to OTR and end up in NE WI, you will have to look me up. I live in Appleton about 20 miles from G.B. Might be able to tour Lambeau?!?

Joe Gatchell

That is a great video Joe! Your taenies have some great colors on them. If you get back to OTR and end up in NE WI, you will have to look me up. I live in Appleton about 20 miles from G.B. Might be able to tour Lambeau?!?

When I was OTR before I was up through Green Bay all the time. Had to go up to L'anse, MI a lot. In fact I'm pretty certain I've been through Appleton.

Shernutz

In that video they were in a 29 gallon and there were 3 males and 4 females growing out in there. I lost a pair last week due to the camallanus worms I'm fighting, but I have one pair in a 40 gallon long, and the remaining pair in a 29 gallon. They seem to be responding to the medication, so I am hopeful I will end up with two healthy pairs. I may sell the other pair or put them in the 40 gallon long. I haven't decided yet. I'm going to probably be going back to over the road trucking, and my wife is not a fish person, so I need to get down to one tank to make things easier on all. :)

A 29 gallon tank has the same footprint as a 20L. More than one pair P. taeniatus would create a battle zone. Very nice video though. You know, I also could have sworn that I saw your video yesterday to different music! (WWF music from group D.P.). Maybe it was another youtube video.

Anyway - very very nice colours.

Joe Gatchell

yeah it's the same video. I changed the music on it today. :). I only had 7 in there while I was growing them out. When that video was made they hadn't paired off yet. I got them as 1/2" juvies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….