• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P. taeniatus locale id help

krib

Hi,

I really would like learn the morph of my P. taeniatus pair. Any comments are appreciated!
First the male
IlL4V52.jpg

And the female
Y8WjwQk.jpg

Thank you in advance!

PS: Just realized there is a seperate ID forum, sorry for posting in the wrong one!

Chromedome

5 Year Member
Hey guys, I suggested to this person that he bring this question over here from another forum. I thought someone here could verify or refute the answers I gave over there. He also had pictures of the offspring from this pair.

I am not posting the opinion I gave over there because I don't want to point in a particular direction. I'm going to PM a couple of guys to see if we can get some comments.

krib

Thanx for the explanation Chromedome, I think your comments were probably accurate but I am still interested in hearing a second thought like you suggested. I want to learn how to tell color morphs apart without looking at the possible offspring, that's why I kept pics of the offspring for the moment. Do you think I should add them?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
This isn't my area of expertise, so I won't make a guess. Maybe this question would be best answered in the West African ID section. Also check Ted Judy's web site for photos of different populations of the Pv. taeniatus species-group. They might help.

Joe Gatchell

While I cant specifically ID them for you, I can tell you that I have kept Moliwe and Lokoundje and the Lokoundje males were considerabley more colorful than the females, and with Moliwes the females have greater color.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372041345.856547.jpg

lokoundje female

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372041411.096432.jpg

Moliwe female

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372041446.956703.jpg

Moliwe male

You might also ask the guys over on the WAC Facebook Page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….