• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P taeniatus BiPindi

M

Melbourne Bill

Hello from Melbourne Australia and this looks like a great forum.

I have been fortunate enough to get hold of two pairs of P taeniatus from BiPindi village. Given the reasonable price they are probably tank raised.

I am wondering if anyone can tell me anything about this fish or whether anyone has a photo of this fish in breeding colouration

Many thanks

Randall

5 Year Member
Pelvicachromis taeniatus "Bipindi"

Dear Bill,

Although I am familiar with Bipindi, Cameroon, I was not aware that a taeniatus color morph was found there. I wonder if your fish are known by any other names.

Bipindi is located in southwest Cameroon, south of the Nyong River, a river around which many taeniatus color morphs are found. Given it's extreme southern range, any taeniatus morph found in or arouond Bipindi is probably a true "taeniatus" form, as opposed to the northern "kribensis" forms.

Sorry I don't have more information for you. In your travels, should you learn anything more about this fish, please keep us posted.

Thank you and best of luck with your fish.

Randall Kohn

M

Melbourne Bill

Pelvicachromis taeniatus bipindi

Randall

Thank you very much for that information. Hopefully we can discover more about this fish.

Neil

Melbourne Bill,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

I don't know much about this color form, aside that it has been around for a few months (at least) and is available. I think that Oliver has it on his list right now.
Neil

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJM_Aquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….