• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Orange flash?

Vaw121

Just curious if this "varient" is looked down upon. I see them from time to time and really like them and understand is a "line bread" trait. Is it possible that a strong orange flash male could still have the genes to bread the standard cacatuoides back to the line?

Forgive me I'm new to the idea of breeding...

Bart Hazes

I stay away from line-bread colour variants not because they can't be attractive but because I find it 'an offense to nature' that we humans feel the need to tinker with something that is already so beautiful. That is not a rational argument and I don't look down upon those fish, or their owners. I have a greater problem with variants with altered morphology, veil fins, balloon bodies, or even more grotesque abnormalities, that in my eyes clearly impact the well-being of the fish.
There is no point in breeding variants back to their natural state, just go directly to the source and start again from some wild fish.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJM_Aquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….