• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

October was a good month

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
I don't know if has to do with the change of seasons or maybe I get things right about every 3 months or so, but the fishroom was busy for October. Spawns from Apisto. agassizii 'Alenquer' and Flame-tails, Apisto. borelli, Apisto. macmasteri, Apisto. nijsseni (Which I've only had for 2 weeks), Nannacara anomala, Bolivian rams, Laetacara sp. Purple/Gold, Nanochromis parilus (Eggs were ate and male killed my last female), and Telocichla monogramma have spawned twice...nothing to show for their efforts tho.

Also managed to add a couple species; Apisto. frank (theycame from Aquarium Lima. I have a picture under new pictures on my website. I'm not familiar with that trade name but they were a decent price and looked interesting enough.), also snuck in some Apisto. sp. mouthbrooder, Pelvicachromis subocellatus 'Matadi' and 'Moanda', and just got in some Chromidotilapia (now known as Benitochromis) finleyi 'Campo' and Pelv. taeniatus 'Nyete' from Toyin. October has been like Christmas for me 8O
So many fish, so few tanks...

Does anyone else go in spurts like this? I mean the spawning. Have you noticed that at particular times of the year everything seems to spawn? It seems late summer and early fall always seems to get things jumping here. Is it just me or does this happen frequently?

Now...how to hide/disguise the fish bill from my wife...

Randall

5 Year Member
Fish Bill

"Now...how to hide/disguise the fish bill from my wife..."

Dear Ken,

Is your wife a member of the Forum? If so, you are so busted!

Congrats on all your recent activity in the fishroom.

Randall Kohn

Orchid

5 Year Member
Here is a true story that you can explain to your wife if/when she finds out how much you spent on fish.

An orchid society I once belonged to had a guest speaker that was a commercial orchid breeder/grower that once spent $35,000 on an orchid to use as a stud for one of his particular breeding programs. He neglected to tell his wife, who did the books for the business, and even hid the transaction from her. She found out through the bank by accident. Naturally, she came unglued! Especially when they all realized that the plant was sterile! It took him five years to find another orchid that would cross with it and this orchid was nothing special, but it did allow him to finally insert the stud's beauty into a breeding line. Several years later he was finally seeing orchids from this breeding line that had the ability to win awards. So unless you spent $35,000 on sterile fish, your situation could be worse! :lol: Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….