• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to Forum, A. Cacatuoides & Totally Unprepared!!

MYBOO887

I had noticed a couple of nights ago that one on my female Cockatoos was guarding eggs... Yay!!!
But today I was not prepared to see free swimming fry with the other female!!! They are all in a moderately planted community tank and I guess my question is: WHAT TO FEED? They are amazingly tiny, I estimate they aren't more than a week or so old. Baby brine shrimp seem big for them... Totally unprepared for this! I'm in a slight panic because I love all of my creatures, furry and fishy, and I'd feel awful if none made it to juvie stage. HELP!!! Thanks for any input... :)

MYBOO887

Thank you! I was a little doubtful because of their size since I have never raised fry. I have a 120 gal planted community tank that my Cherry Barbs, Emperor Tetras and CPDs regularly spawn in and many have made it to adulthood, but I took no part in the caretaking. They would just appear when they got older and I have given many fish away. :) This is a new tank and isn't as established. Hopefully I will be able to raise a few to adulthood which then presents another issue: where to house them? We really don't have the room for another tank... or do we? :) Thanks again!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….