• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new to aps

focusmarlon

Hey guys I'm new to aps. They will be going into my 55 gal. I am not sure what species my lfs carries so I will check it out. I want it to be an interesting social tank. I used to keep and breed African cichlids. My old tank was a 180gal. Right now I have 3 tanks a 6 gallon that I will make a nano reef a 12 gallon Mr aqua long that is my lake tang multi shelli tank here is a link to my all male 55 I used to have till I overdosed my water conditioner and killed my beautiful fish. this HTML

this HTML class. Value is

class. Value is

focusmarlon

Well little by little I'm setting up my semi amazon biotope.. It's not a real biotope since the fish are from different parts of the amazon. I got 5 apistogramma macmasteri wild and 5 apistogramma borelli they arrived in the mail yesterday and drip acclimated. I also stopped at petco because I had bought 10 rummy nose tetra and they were dying little by little and I built a friendship with the fish guy. He hooked me up with 32 rummy for free.99. I was surprised and thankful. Hopefully I have better luck with these. Current stock I have 30+ rummy 20+ neon 2 gold angels 1 albino bristle, 2 farowella. I plan on getting 6 panda cory I know that 2 species is not ideal but I don't plan. on keeping fry in the even of hybridization. Trust me I know all about that I used to breed Africans before. I plan on getting more plants but the tank is a process little by little. I will take out the anubis and Java fern when I get more plants since they are not native.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I hate to say it, but don't be surprised if you lose at least half of your apistos. These fish don't take crowding like rift lake cichlids unless the tank is choked with hiding places. Just keep a close eye out for apistos hiding out at the top of the tank. You'll need to remove them for their own safety.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….