• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New skin

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I am learning to change things around a bit. Hopefully I will not delete anything important. This new skin will be added on to with other modification as I figure out how to do them.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
You should see one of ol'red's grandsons. He's got almost solid red ventral fins in addition to the normal red dorsal, caudal, and anal fins. But what else to you expect from good lineage! :biggrin:

Jeff

RuiEstrelinha

5 Year Member
Hello All,

Unfortunately I don't like this new skin, to dark with some annoying yellow colors that make me a little bit confused to find what I want, my eyes right now are tilted :) .

Anyway innovation is always welcome!!! So keep the good work at apistogramma.com!!! :)

Best regards,

RiC

5 Year Member
I'm happy I'm not the only one to dislike this new skin; very difficult to read, very unpleasant to my 45y/o eyes! :biggrin:

mummymonkey

5 Year Member
I'm sorry but the new colour scheme is terrible. It's very hard to read text and is tiring on my eyes.

Dark text on a light background is much easier to read,

STOKER

5 Year Member
Change it back to what it was , not easy to read. Whats wrong with black on white , may be a reason that books are printed that way

mike :confused:

valice

5 Year Member
good thing about black backgrounds is that it will bring out the colours of the photos posted. But the yellow font colours are a tad too dull, so reading can be tiring to some folks here.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I am looknig for another skin option that reverses the contrast, but there are not very many good options out there. Most of the skins that have white fields look choppy; the darker color schemes are more balanced to my eye. Personally, I think that a primarily white board is tedious and causes more eye strain than the dark boards do. Everyone is different.

I played with trying to apply my own settings with disasterous results. Too complicated, especially with no experience.

If you have experience with vBulletin settings and want to take a shot at designing a style for this board... go for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….