• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Member from California

Chris

Hey how's it going everyone. This is my 1st post. I have been keeping freshwater fish for about 5 years now, and am working towards getting a PhD in Marine Biology. I had a group of 8 discus for a couple years before I got tired of doing all of the water changes. I had a german blue ram for about 3 years, and I had a "cockatoo" for about a year before he got an absyss on his mouth and eventually died. I have a mature 60 gallon tank, and I am in the process of cycling a 112 gallon, which I intend to turn into a planted dwarf cichlid tank. There don't seem to be many dwarf cichlid suppliers in central california, and I am not the type of person to buy a fish without giving it a thorough eye-balling :eek: before purchasing. Anybody know of any suppliers, breeders, or dwarf cichlid groups in California?

nicos apistos

5 Year Member
welcome

I live in northern California where theres many good fish stores that sell apistos, Aqua Forest Aquarium, Ocean Aquarium, have some pretty rare varities of apistos and plants.

animalmgc

5 Year Member
welcome

welcome to the forum.I'm in southern Calif and have some baenschi fry.A good choice for fish would be David Soares AKA ApistoDave his trip red caucs are amazing.He seems to get thwe best of them with thier elongated finnage.The trip red on the banner is suppose to be a likeness of his [email protected] I know he has a couple different types of Apistos right now

Chris

Awesome! Thanks guys. I will will look into the stores that you recommended, as well as look up the specie of fry that you have animal. It's going to be a few weeks before I start stocking the tank because I have only just begun cycling the tank ( about a week ago).

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
Picture

welcome to the forum.I'm in southern Calif and have some baenschi fry.A good choice for fish would be David Soares AKA ApistoDave his trip red caucs are amazing.He seems to get thwe best of them with thier elongated finnage.The trip red on the banner is suppose to be a likeness of his [email protected] I know he has a couple different types of Apistos right now

that fish up there is one I sent Ted--he won a prize at ACA a few years ago with it and I have the original with the ribbon on my office wall---

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….