• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nannostomus beckfordi and apisto fry

danbb

How is the interaction between beckfordi and apisto fry? From what I read should not be problems. I expect 15 beckfordi next week and I want to introduce them into my 200 liter tank.

JasonC

5 Year Member
From what I understand, Beckfordi are more feisty than other Nannostomus sp. may want to keep an eye on them when fry are present.

danbb

Thanks Jason. ;)
I really need a answer based on experience because fry are in the tank and beckfordi on the way.

baby chaos

mine predate. even though it's a deep tank, they hang right at the bottom, usually picking off cory feeding flotsam. the girls don't give them much of a chance though, feisty mamas that they are. i've read (on this forum, of course!) that the trifasciatus are a more sedate tank mate, no doubt other varieties too, but that's the one that stuck.

danbb

I couldn't find them for the moment, so I re-order them. Will see when they reach my tank. Thanks.

krib

I had a very bad experience with N. beckfordi and L. dorsigera fry. Actually my N. becfordi molested every fish in the tank including the neon tetras and SAE's. But from what I read it is a matter of chance, some are very active and some timid. I would rather stick with a calmer species like N. eques.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….