• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Most impressive.....

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
We all know that some cichlids are easy to get to reproduce, and that others are seemingly impossible. If you were to be impressed by the successful breeding (and raising the fry) any cichlid species, what would your top species be? The criteria for your selection is totally up to you... dificulty, rarity, pure coolness factor, patience... does not matter. Here are some of the species that impress (or would impress) me. Fish that have been spawned tend to capture my attention more than those that have never been spawned, especially if the difficulty has been proven to be consistant.

Hoplarchus psitticus
Apistogramma diplotaeniata
Telogramma brichardi
Dicrossus filamentosus
Pterophyllum altum
Satanoperca daemon
Paretroplus sp. (any of them)

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
As I'm just about to get some, anyone who's bred Biotoecus impresses me at the moment! :biggrin:

Also the fish I've tried and failed but when others succeed always impresses me, especially Nanochromis transvestitus - not the rarest perhaps but tricky for me!

fishme.

5 Year Member
most of the apistogrammas

paratilapia polleni east coast small points

paretrolpus nourissati

any of the west and central african dwarf cichlids. unfortunately the only that come in greece are hemichromis lifalilly and pelvicachromis pulcher...i would like to come in contact with anton lamboj if anyone can help

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
Teleogramma brichardi would be ot the top for me. tried em' a couple times and failed miserably. also, Taeniacarra candidi.

I've done a couple in the above lists, namely A. diplo, and Biotoechus.

dhm325

5 Year Member
Dicrossus Maculatus and Dicrossus sp. Orinoco. I have kept both species several times and never had a sussceesful spawn.

Crenicichla Wallacci. These are the most aggressive 'dwarf' pike species I have kept. I think they make C. Compressiceps seem calm and friendly.

fishme.

5 Year Member
i purchased a 2 meters aquarium to breed paratilapia polleni but i changed my mind when i saw some acaricthys heckelii so it will be an acaricthys heckelii tank:biggrin: :biggrin:

the tank will be 200x60x65 centimeters,760 litres.how many acaricthys heckelii will be ok in it?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pupps

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….