• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Medicated Food for Krib who's Not Eating

LindaMC

5 Year Member
Can someone give me the name of a medicated food for my male krib, he's not coming out to eat with the female and he's still hiding from me, although he's still hanging in there and doesn't seem to be disoriented like he was a few days ago.

I have been dropping some food right over the coconut hut where he usually hangs out and I think he's eating a little bit, so now I'm wondering if I purchase some of that medicated food, maybe I can get him to eat some and get him back to normal.

Many thanks!
Linda

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
What I like to do is use a pellet or 'thick flake' like Aquadine or Tetra Crisps and hydrate it in a strong solution of antibiotic in water. I will do this when I am also medicating the tank. I dissolve the meds in a couple ounces of water, then put the food in it for a few minutes. Once the food has hydrated I dump it all in the tank. THe fish eat the food and the tank is medicated.

The antibiotic I usually use is a wide spectrum anitbiotic called Bifuran, made by Aquarium Research Group. It is hard to dissolve, so I start by dissolving it into 1/2 oz of Everclear... the hard stuff. Then dilute that with a few ounces of water. The alcohol will not hurt the fish or the tank. Might make them happier!

Refael Hdr.

5 Year Member
Did you notice any white/transparent feces coming out of him?
Does he getting skinnier?

Anyway, you can give him Sera "Bakto Tabs" which contains Nifurpirinol if you could find, or one of Jungle's medicated fish food you can see in this link:
http://www.junglelabs.com/pages/product.browse.asp?cat=Aquarium

I have a good experience using both of them for minor infections or as a preventative. For acute situations or specific treatment I'm directly using the needed medicine...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….