• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Low range ph test kit

SMIGUMZ

5 Year Member
Is there a ph test kit that measures from 0-7 on the ph scale? Thanks -SMIGUMZ

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Tetra once made 2 different pH chemical kits. I believe pH 1 went from 4.7 to 7.2. It was fairly accurate for a simple colorimeter test (I still have the color wheels somewhere). I don't think they make it now. Your best bet is a decent pH meter.

gerald

5 Year Member
Grainger.com has many different pH test strips in different ranges. Below is one for pH range 4 to 7. I have not used it, but I'm guessing it probably uses Methyl Red indicator dye, which works in that range. I have used some wide-range strips (pH 1 to 14) years ago and I do not think they are accurate enough for aquarium use. The wide range ones mix different dyes with different ranges together. I would rather have each indicator dye separate, for better accuracy.

http://www.grainger.com/product/EMD...com/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/NOTAVAIL?$smthumb$ with

SMIGUMZ

5 Year Member
Awesome thanks everyone I will check them out. I'm trying to decide which apistogramma to keep. Breeding is a big part of it for me and seems that some of the wild caught or •harder" to care for apostle like reallyow ph but the API test only goes to 6. Any suggestions on which apistos you guys/gals like the most? Here is a pic of my tank thus far

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 309

ErtyJr

I'm a big fan of cacatuoides even if they are the most popular it's for a good reason.

Of the "rare" apistogramma my favorite are A. Sp. Abacaxis of which I just got a wild caught pair I will be trying to breed soon. They are just stunning little fish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….