• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lost forest (Rio Paraguay biotop )

halmiris

I try to create a Rio Paraguay biotope, a bank of flooded forest in fact. How I managed that you will appreciate.
Aquarium is started at 25.O2.2011.
Aquarium Dimensions: 45/32/35cm
Capacity: 50l (net - 45l)
Substrate: sand from Hornbach, 1mm
Light: 20W Osram (economic bulb)
Filter: Super Hang-On 2 of Ocean Free
Heater: 50W Resun
Elements of design: Beech bark background (it covers the filter and heater). Other decorations: cork tree branches, twigs of alder root vines and oak leaves.
Plants: Hidrocotyle leucocephala and Limnobium Laevigatum, several threads of E. tenellus
Fauna: A pair of Laetacara dorsigera

Overall picture
DSC_7468.jpg

The two Laetacara.
DSC_7567.jpg

A movie with protagonists and their offspring, now 2.5 months aged.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7Bv6GPzWWI

sheag35

wow beautiful looking tank, how did you treat the wood before you put it in the tank, i'd like to try something like this myself.... any other species your thinking of adding?

halmiris

Thanks, glad you like it!

No, currently I do not think to add anything in tank. Is just for growing and breeding Laetacara.

Wood was first boiled with salt. Then dried and then varnished with ecological polish from Kober. I gave several layers of polish, each one was completely dry before giving the next layer. Then the wood was fixed with silicone on the rear window.

That's it :)

(I hope you understand me, sorry but my english is not perfect)

henkh

5 Year Member
[video=youtube;FsjngXjOD6w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsjngXjOD6w&feature=player_embedded[/video]

You can embed vieo, so did it for you. Then viewers don't have to leave forum

henkh

5 Year Member
Again, very nice. Question: What kingd of backgroud do you have in this tank, because of the beautiful depth its creating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….