• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking for a few good computer savvy mods

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Hello everyone,

Apistogramma.com is in need of some technical support. As I am sure that you are aware, the front end content side has been down for a while. THe main reason for this is that something happened that made it crash, but instead of trying to get it put back up I think that we need to take the opportunity to rebuild it. I need some help in doing this. If you are computer savvy enough to build websites, and want to join the team here, please send me a PM. I am also looking for a vBulletin wizard to help out with the forum. Specifically, here are the tasks that I need people to be able to do:

* Help build a new webpage system for the front end content site that will allow us to accept PDF files submitted from users and convert them in to 'fact sheets' for species profiles.
* Create a user photo gallery area for users to upload and manage fish images directly.
* Create a series of PDF forms that will guide users in writing a species breeding account.
* Overhaul the permission settings on the forum.
* Fix the issues wit button graphics on the forum.
* Intelligently purge the dead wood user accounts on the forum.
* Someone to take on the daunting task of mining the thread database for information gems and creating an FAQ section.

There are other things that need done, but those are a start. Please let me know if you can do then and if you have the time. All of these projects need to be done in the near future.

Tanks,

Ted

Lisachromis

Staff member
5 Year Member
Hello everyone,
* Intelligently purge the dead wood user accounts on the forum.

Tanks,

Ted

That's about the extent of my forum "geekiness". I'd be willing to help with that, or just other type of forum/site content that's not dependant on me knowing a new (to me) program. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….