• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Let us introduce ourselves...

damoUK

5 Year Member
Hi there,

Let us introduce ourselves, we're Damian and Kim, we're in our 30's, are engaged and are from Bedford in England, UK. We have been keeping tropical fish since June 2012 and are really (mostly) enjoying the hobby (when we're not having unsolvable deaths and diseases to contend with!).

We discovered Apistogramma's in November 2012 and duly bought a pair, we've had ups and downs with these fantastic, entertaining fish - lots of downs, in fact (and quite a few unexplained deaths) - but we love them so much, we're determined to overcome these issues and stick with them.

We were pointed to apistogramma.com by the lovely team at Wetwebmedia.com, who've been great at giving us assistance with all our problems.

And that's basically why we're here - to learn, solve our problems and hopefully breed a few of these dwarf cichlids for ourselves. In the process, we'd like to share our learnings and experiences back with the community.

We look forward to getting to know you

Joe Gatchell

Welcome to the forum. You are lucky to have a significant other who is also interested in aquaria. My wife will have nothing to do with it, then again, that I probably a good balance or we would be bankrupt from fish purchases. :)

damoUK

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum. You are lucky to have a significant other who is also interested in aquaria. My wife will have nothing to do with it, then again, that I probably a good balance or we would be bankrupt from fish purchases. :)

Thanks for the welcome. Ha ha, I know what you mean - we've spent a fortune on fish, though we only have a 120l (33gal) tank, a 19l (5gal) tank for a Betta and 10l (2.5gal) shrimp tank, they seem to consume huge amounts of cash - an outlay we have to reduce soon as we buy ourselves a house!

But we're finding Apisto's are not only expensive to buy (we can't find anyone locally who breeds), but hard work and they keep mysteriously dying on us - lively, fine (and sometimes spawning) one day, gone the next - our other community fish are generally in good health, it's just these fish. BUT WE WILL OVERCOME IT!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! Love your spirit to find out what the problem is. And I love that you are hobbyists as a couple! Thanks for joining Apistogramma.com!

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….