• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Kribs

R

Reiner

My Nitrites are finally stable at 0 and I bought myself a pair of Kribs. I put them in yesterday evening and today when I came home for lunch they have pilled a bunch of gravel in front of the entrance to the Coconut shell that I put in there for them. Now the entrance is just big enough for them to get in and out. She is bright yellow and brown striped and has a deep pink swollen belly. Now my question is: Are they going to breed already even though they are less then 24 hours in the tank?

Neil

Reiner,
I moved your post! I figured you wuld get more looks from people with Krib experience here.
Sounds like they are preparing to breed to me. it doesn't suprise me at all that they are doing this after such a short time. I have had the best results from West Africans spawning shortly after they were placed in the new surroundings. However, they also have this annoying habit of going ythrough all the "right" motions and then not actually spawning right away. So be patient.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….