• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Koslowski book(s) & translation

Refael Hdr.

5 Year Member
OK great!

So if I understood it right, the translation is not another edition, but it contains only the text of the Koslowski's book and if I want the pictures too (which I do of course :rolleyes: ) I need the original book either, am I right?

-And by the way, it is "Refael" as I wrote it (pronounced RE-FA-EL) :wink: ...

Thanks a lot,

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Refael, I apologize for getting your name wrong. I won't do it again (at least I'll try:redface:).

You are correct. My English translation does not have any photos, but only text.

I am amazed at how quickly the sets have sold. I ordered 30 copies of Koslowski's book, which arrived about 10 days ago. All but 2 copies are sold or reserved. I plan to buy more this weekend, but they probably won't arrive until early in January. I do have a fair quantity of the DATZ special publication "South American Dwarf Cichlids" that I can sell with the Koslowski translation. It's not quite the same, but ...

RiC

5 Year Member
I am currently reading it and I really love it. I am grateful to Mike for provinding this unique translation - and for sending me a copy! :wink:

Refael Hdr.

5 Year Member
The 3 books have just landed in the Holy Land and they are all so great!:)
Mike's translation is absolutely fantastic! very accurate and edited in a convenient way to look at.
A huge thanks for Mike, I really appreciate all of your hard work and bother. Thanks a lot dear friend...

Fatts

5 Year Member
Be careful!!! Mike's translation keeps getting me into trouble. It seems that the only time the wife wants to talkabout anything is when I am reading it.

It is great work.

PhilipAG

5 Year Member
Have you still got the translation? Since I'm looking for these books and an English translation would be great for further understanding.

(I know I'm 7 years too late, but I hope you've still got some)

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I can provide the translations but not the books. The latest book, "Die Buntbarsche Amerikas, Band 2: Apistogramma and Co." is still available from Verlag Eugen Ulmer GmbH (http://www.ulmer.de/pdb/pdb.dll/PDB...3EBC46703FB0BCB2BB053DFD2080DEC9704780A56DC7F). The older book, Die Buntbarsche der Neuen Welt: Zwergcichliden", is not. Anyone who can prove they own the original book can still get translations from me.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
No, not selling any of these books right now. The OP is now over 10 years old! If you can find any of these books somewhere I can send English translations for:
Die Zwergcichliden Südamerikas by Werner Schmettkamp, 1982 (out of print)
Die Buntbarsche der Neuen Welt: Zwergcichliden by Ingo Koslowski, 1986 (out of print)
Die Buntbarsche Amerikas Band 2: Apistogramma & Co. by Ingo Koslowski, 2002 (still in print)

mematrix

5 Year Member
Ok Thanks Mike I think i found them just need to be sure.
You wouldnt happen to have the ISBN #s for the above books would you?
are theses the books you have translations for?

Attachments

• Die Buntbarsche der Neuen Welt Zwergcichliden by Ingo Koslowsk.jpg
    Die Buntbarsche der Neuen Welt Zwergcichliden by Ingo Koslowsk.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 522
  • Die Buntbarsche Südamerikas 02. Apistogramma und Co.jpg
    Die Buntbarsche Südamerikas 02. Apistogramma und Co.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 492
  • Die Zwergcichliden Südamerikas..jpg
    Die Zwergcichliden Südamerikas..jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 487

mematrix

5 Year Member
Hi Mike
you can find any of these books somewhere I can send English translations for:
Die Zwergcichliden Südamerikas by Werner Schmettkamp, 1982 (out of print)
Hi Mike i got the above book coming got it for $10 Can you pm me price on the translation Please email me [email protected]
Sincerely Curtis

mematrix

5 Year Member
Oh By btw what do you know about this book its Japanese i believe

Attachments

• South American Dwarf Cichlid South American small cichlid Tropical Fish Collection 6.jpg
    South American Dwarf Cichlid South American small cichlid Tropical Fish Collection 6.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 510

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Oh By btw what do you know about this book its Japanese i believe
This is Matzusaka's book and yes I have a copy of it. It is fairly complete (for 1996) and includes photosof unusual populations of species . It is all in Japanese except the scientific names, which are in Latin/Greek. The book has some of the best apisto photos anywhere. It's worth owning just for the pictures.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….