• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

kodak easy share dx 6490

fishgeek

seems like a decent lens , though in fish photography i find i generally use macro mode and do not see this on the camera linked. it does have a close scene mode though shortest focal length is 60cm

perhaps ask on aquatic photography forum for some more knowledgeable answers

andrew

aspen

5 Year Member
i used a kodak borrowed from a friend before i got my own. the camera worked fine but the software crashed my computer and when i got it working it was very crappy. the kodak support people said they'd never heard of their software doing that (suuure) but there are lots of free software to use. i use fxfoto. it is very easy and simple to use AND free so you don't ned the stuff that comes with the camera.

http://www.fxfoto.com/

rick

tjnelson44

5 Year Member
Thank you very much for the replies. I just finished up with a crazy work scheduale so I had some free time so I went and messed with the camera for quite a while. I took a bunch of pictures up close and things looked pretty good and I spoke with the sales person for a while. I liked what I saw so I purchased it. It takes very nice fish pics. I should have some good pics to share soon.
Trevor

cdawson

5 Year Member
IMO Easyshares and not a good choice for taking tank pictures, there's no shutter setting, no exposure setting and the overall shutter speed is really slow. The only way to take good pictures of your fish is with high lighting and a TONNE of patience. If you're planning on using the camera for just taking tank or fish pics I suggest getting a better more high quality camera, possibly a canon or even a fujitsu. Kodaks are very basic dig. cameras, meant for taking very basic pictures.

tjnelson44

5 Year Member
The camera does allow you to set aperture and shutter speed along with some other stuff but to tell you the truth, I have no idea about any of it. I just grab the camera and take pictures for the most part. I have been very pleased with it. While this is not a fish or tank pic, it shows what the camera can do even in the hands of an inexperienced photographer.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/tjnelson44/000_0130.jpg
While there are definitly better cameras out there, I think this one is pretty good for the price.

scott

5 Year Member
i too am looking to get a new digi cam. currently we have a sony cyber shot. it was a gift from my father for taking pics of our kids. it is ok for that but it takes awful aquarium pics. i dont't know much about digi cams so i could use some advice or even better what brand/model camera is most popular among hobyists for taking aquatic pics. i am going to do some research into cannon and fujitsu but i don't even know what features to look for.

these are examples of what my sony is capable of(not that good)
http://img2.uploadimages.net/566134DSC01944.JPG
http://img2.uploadimages.net/246864DSC01923.JPG

cdawson

5 Year Member
tjnelson44 said:
The camera does allow you to set aperture and shutter speed along with some other stuff but to tell you the truth, I have no idea about any of it. I just grab the camera and take pictures for the most part. I have been very pleased with it. While this is not a fish or tank pic, it shows what the camera can do even in the hands of an inexperienced photographer.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/tjnelson44/000_0130.jpg
While there are definitly better cameras out there, I think this one is pretty good for the price.

They settings are all automatic, not fine tuning enough for aquarium pics. I work for a wholesaler that distributes all of the dig. cameras to the major retailers, kodak is rated the lowest for overall quality,then konica, next to sony, then fujitsu, then canon. Those are the top five, I wouldn't even touch anything under them unless you plan on just taking simple pictures. Because of the movement of the water and obstruction of the glass, most kodak pics will just turn out blurry. The only way I've found is to be REALLY patient, and most people don't have that much time.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….