• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Keeping Juveniles togther

dhm325

5 Year Member
About how long can I keep juvenile Pelvicachromis/Nanochromis together before they start to seriously fight with one another? I am keeping two male and two female pelvicachromis sub. matadi in one 30 gallon long and two male and two female nanonchromis transvestitus in another 30 gallon long. All of the fish are about five months old. Due to an unexpected spawn by a pair of p. pulcher (thats 2 spawns of about 150 fry from this pair in 2 months) I have run out of tank space.
The tanks are heavily planted and heavily filtered and have sevaral caves. The fish are siblings that were raised in the same tanks.

Randall

5 Year Member
Nanochromis + Pelvicachromis

Dear dhm,

Can you set us straight here, please? Were you planning on removing two pairs of fish from their current quarters and combining them with the other two pairs of fish? If so, I don't think you'll have too much of a problem with the Pelv. subocellatus. They're fairly docile. the Nano. tranvestitus may pose a problem, however. Males are generally rough on females and even worse on other males.

Aren't you due for a new tank about now?

Good luck!

Randall Kohn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyzhCrord

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….