• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just crazy artificial creation

Nimue

5 Year Member
sad things

Hi,
I agree. These fish are really poor creatures! I`ve read somewhere that they do inject special neon-colors into the fish. That´s really sad.

Greetings,
Nimue

Chris(wildcaught!)

5 Year Member
That is just too bad, fortunately i haven't seen fish like that for over ten years in Sweden. It has been discussed several times in different aquarium associations and the opinion is that this is not a good thing to do, and that you can stop buying fish from that dealer until he stops selling this artifical fishes.

Regards / Chris

blueblue

5 Year Member
Thanks Nimue and Chris for the kind sharing.
I really hope to see that this kind of ugly human
creations won't appear in the market anymore in the future...
it is nothing of fun ...

P.S.: In some of the photos, there is actually a colorful "flower"
on the body of the fish... how can one be so sick to
do so!! ...

Griz

5 Year Member
How awful! Not just the process, but the result too. I think it looks hideous. If they were doing that to mammals they'd be arrested.

blueblue

5 Year Member
Griz said:
How awful! Not just the process, but the result too. I think it looks hideous. If they were doing that to mammals they'd be arrested.
i think even for FISH, they should also be arrested!!

mooman

5 Year Member
He/she will get what's coming to them. Have you guy's seen what dyed blood parrots look like after a few months? The color fades to that of a fish that has been dead for a day or two. They end up looking like the hybrid garbage that they are. I'd feel better if they weren't actually living creatures.

blueblue

5 Year Member
mooman said:
He/she will get what's coming to them. Have you guy's seen what dyed blood parrots look like after a few months? The color fades to that of a fish that has been dead for a day or two. They end up looking like the hybrid garbage that they are. I'd feel better if they weren't actually living creatures.

yes.... lucky me that i have never ever felt any interest in these
ugly artificial creations...

P.W.

5 Year Member
I agree with blueblue....just feeling sad and a bit depressed watching pictures like that. Just face it, some people doesn´t show any respect and doesn´t feel any compassion for living creatures :(

It´s surprising that those "Red blood parrot´s" have become so popular??
I´ve seen them in almost every aquarium shop in sweden I frequently visits.
(i usually tell the shopowners what I think about it though)

Best regards/ Per

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyiahib

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….