• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this a A. norberti

Peter Lovett1

5 Year Member
Hi mike is this a A. norberti

IMG_6421_NR.jpg

IMG_6423_NR.jpg

IMG_6424_NR.jpg

They seem to lack the dorsal spot and a

If not what is it?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
It looks like A. norberti in many respects, but like you say they do not have the dark patch in the soft-rayed area of the dorsal fin. The males do not have very distinctly patterned tails either, but do show the big red lips typical of A. norberti. If they were my fish, and I wanted to sell them under some name, I would call them "A. cf. norberti".

KenL

5 Year Member
Hi Peter,

Are those from the same batch from which you supplied me fish?

Mine "sometimes" show a blotch towards the rear of the dorsal but it is not always visible.

They (male & female) have the zig-zag lines under the lateral band and also a black spot on the chin if these are also good identifiers.

I'll try and post a picture soon.

The have remained failry small so far with no spawning activity as yet.

regards, Ken.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….