• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Inka II

Mark

5 Year Member
I have bought 2 pairs of Apistogramma sp. Inka II today. I was wondering what species this would be, but it seems to me it is the normal inka/baenschi. Does anybody know more about sp. Inka II? The fish looks like baenschi and not like zwilling or rositae.

Mark

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
A. baenschi originally sold as A. sp. Inka. A. sp. Inka II was another commercial name for A. sp. Zwilling/Twin. That is the problem with commercial names; they could be anything. Photos of both sexes would really help.

Mark

5 Year Member
Hi Mike,

I will make some photo's tomorrow. I know for sure the fish I have is not Zwilling (I thought it would be zwilling too but it's not). I think they have sold baenschi as inka II.

Mark

Mark

5 Year Member
It took some time because the fish had to come forward but here are some photo's. I think it is baenschi. The only differences I might find is that the stripes of the females sometimes faint at the edges; the middle part (around the sideline) stays the most dark. What is your idea?

Mark

DSCN2601kleiner.jpg

DSCN2604kleiner.jpg

dscn2610kleiner.jpg

dscn2611kleiner.jpg

Mark

5 Year Member
That's what I think too. The female on the photo has a split 6th band (upper and under half, like an X) but the other female does not. This won't be a difference between I and II.

Mark

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonwambach

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….