• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

???? ID ?

Cinnicka

Have trubbel To id

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 312

Cinnicka

Is all of them mcmasteri or what is The other ones? Didn't bye them all together. Nr 2 and 3 together but nr 1 fr.o.m. Another

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The first is a different species from the 2nd and 3rd. The photos are so poor that it is impossible to truly identify any of them. My guess is that you used a low megapixel cell phone camera. These cell cameras are fine for low resolution, online snapshots, but sadly are next to useless for close-up, low light purposes needed for fish photos.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Better, but still not good enough for me to get a good ID. The first one shows the fish top down, which distorts the body. It is best to photograph (for ID purposes) broadside and with fins erect if possible. The second one shows the fish broadside but sadly the fins are clamped shut, so I can't see their shape or height. Additionally, the fish is so stressed by being handled that it has lost even its dark stress pattern. Take a look at my avitar, taken in Peru of a wild A. bitaeniata Río Tigre. The fish was photographed in a small specimen cup and gently guided to the front. I am not really touching the fish. Even though the photo is slightly out of focus, the fish displays itself broadside with fins relatively spread and dark markings show due to slight stress. For me this works very well for ID purposes.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elvashave

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….