• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ID please.. caetei complex?

Sil

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I hope you might be able to identify these fishes. I got them from Brazil - they were shiped as A. cruzi, but they're not A. cruzi of course. I haven't got any more specific information about them...
Forgive for poor photos quality, but fishes are still shy. Even though, I hope your skillful eyes can manage with id.
IMHO they can be cataei complex spacies...

Potencial male

Potencial female

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Definitely not caetei-complex. These species have crosstriped tails. I cannot say what they are from the photos. My first thought was A. sp. Pebas females.

Sil

5 Year Member
A. sp. Pebas is from Peru, but I have been told many 'stories' about the source of fish that I have bought.
Well, I'm not able to check up the source:frown: ...

Mike, I've pasted another photos in my first post. It was feeding time and it's visible on male photo, but I hope you could make some new observation.
Thanks in advance!:)

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I'm still not positive about the ID, but definitely not caetei-complex. Your fishes' lateral band is too wide, the caudal isn't fully cross-striped, & I've never seen so much (if any!) red in the dorsal fin for caetei-complex fish. I still think that it might be Pebas (from the general shape of the head).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….