• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ID Apistogramma sp. colombia

Zeufel

Hi,

can someone say what this could be?
It's sold as A. sp. colombia. Unfortunately I only have this picture.
20121219_181155.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The photo is not good enough for any kind of identification. The best that I can say is that the fish belong in the regani-lineage, which includes the regani-, alacrina, and macmasteri-groups. That reduces the number of possible species to somewhere over 100.:confused:

Zeufel

Hi guys, what do you think about the sex of this fish? It's the bigger one of the "pair", but I think its also a female. The fish are still juvenil.
_MG_4247.jpg

_MG_4248.jpg

_MG_4254.jpg

_MG_4258.jpg

Mark

5 Year Member
Hi Zeufel,

I think the fish are too small to say for sure. I see signs of male and female. The second photo looks like a male to me, but on the other photo's I think it looks like a female.. How big is this fish?

Mark

Zeufel

Hi Mark,

i guess the bigger one (the one of the pics) is about 4cm.
Is the black/darker border in the dorsal fin a sign for a male?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….