• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need a clear ID and sex

Kyle

5 Year Member
Photo0502.jpg

Photo0500.jpg

Photo0494.jpg

Really need an ID and maybe a bit of info too.

Thanks
Kyle

Kyle

5 Year Member
I'm guessing the one on the right is the least dominant and less developed resulting in the not so much rounded face? Has anyone got any females available?

Kyle

Kyle

5 Year Member
Okay, I've some clearer pictures. I've got 5 fish all together and they have some differences. I know some of them are very thin but I can assure they're all eating regularly

122p08m.jpg

2n1fbds.jpg

1zmnfjo.jpg

2z8djr6.jpg

Kyle

Kyle

5 Year Member
I'm using sterazin for parasites but none of them are showing any symptoms apart from the sunken belly but that could also be stress related.

dw1305

5 Year Member
Camallanus?

Hi all,
Kyle the thin, "humpy", slightly twisted look of the Apisto in your last picture looks very like the look of mine just before they developed more obvious symptoms of an internal Camallanus worm infestation.

I'm not a great believer in routine treatment of anything, but in this case due to their appearance, and as my Camallanus worm infestation arrived with an allegedly Czech female "Blue-steel", and they are difficult to treat, and can take several months before the most obvious symptom (visible worms appear). I think you would be advised to treat them. I'd treat them all, and the tank, with "levamisole", have a look through the threads or details here.
<http://www.loaches.com/Members/shari2/levamisole-hydrochloride-1>

cheers Darrel

Kyle

5 Year Member
I'm going to finish the sterazin course before I start using any other meds. Thanks for the advice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marakely

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(