• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I.D please

Walshy

hey guys. just picked up a new pair of apistogramma today. they were labelled apistogramma eunotus/sp. orange tail. i have read that these guys have a strong variation in colour so i just assumed it had bin selectively bred to get the strong colouration in its fins. i got home and begun reading up on eunotus but noticed that the pictures show that they do not have a spiked dorsal fin. the apisto i bought today has a strong resemblance to a. cacatoides. lyrate tail and a spiky dorsal fin. i will post as many good photos as i got earlier and hopefully u can tell me if ive managed to pick up a pair of eunotus or ive got a pair of cacatoides orange flash lol. either way im happy with them. they are a nice little apisto. if it is a cac i would assume because some of his tail is clear that he wouldnt be considered a top quality cac? thanks in advance.

IMG_0277.JPG
IMG_0279.JPG
IMG_0280.JPG
IMG_0281.JPG
IMG_0285.JPG
IMG_0289.JPG
IMG_0290.JPG
IMG_0291.JPG
IMG_0292.JPG

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Yes, that looks like a male Apistogramma cacatuoides Orange Flash variety (a selectively bred color form of cacatuoides)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….