• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How many male and female borelli would you recommend for a 40B ?

anewbie

How many male and female borelli would you recommend for a 40B? The aquarium has dense plantings. There is an old male nannacara amolae in the tank but he is pretty docile and hasn't bother the male borelli or female in the tank; he spends all day hanging out side the bn's cave waiting for frys. This is the aquarium:
40b.jpg
-
I ahve one male and one female borelli in there - i was thinking of adding a second male and 2 or 3 more females but don't want them to be rabid at each other.
-
That is an older picture - most of the mystery snails have been removed.

anewbie

Are you looking to breed them, or just have a community tank with them in it?
A bit of both; sort of opportunity breeding. The tank has other fishes so breeding isn't optimal but there is such dense hiding places that they should find some quasi success breeding; if they do. I just don't want them to be overly aggressive towards each other if I add more.

mrjbacon

5 Year Member
You could do a pair of another species with different finnage, like A. agassizii or A. diplotaenia. A. agassizii may be mean to each other if you just get a pair but your tank looks like it has enough hiding places that it might not be an issue.

anewbie

You could do a pair of another species with different finnage, like A. agassizii or A. diplotaenia. A. agassizii may be mean to each other if you just get a pair but your tank looks like it has enough hiding places that it might not be an issue.
I'd be concern that if breeding the agassil being much larger than the borelli would kill them. Even if they are not overly aggressive; if they breed the male will defend the territory and the female the frys.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….