• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How Many Apistogramma In 200L?

Sai

Hello all,

I have recently redone my tank and would like to invest in some apistos, moving away from larger cichlids which will be rehomed along with the other fish in here. I am interested mainly in 'Vejita Gold' (although I'm aware it's probably macmasteri, but I don't mind). I have seen a pair for sale but I am also keen on the standard colour 'red throat' too. Would it be acceptable to keep both pairs in the tank or is this a bad idea? I am a little exhausted of dealing with aggression so wouldn't want to have to rehome somewhere down the line. I am also curious what can be kept with these? I am thinking of cardinal tetra and a pleco, maybe corydoras, and perhaps some rainbow fish too; are any of these a bad idea? Finally, I have a giant african shrimp in the tank which will not be rehomed; would this be okay in with them?

Tank is 200L, 100cm long x 40cm deep, 45cm high (aprox.), GH is 8, KH is 10, and PH is 7.0 during the day and 7.6 at night due to co2. I've currently got a cacatuoides in here who's over a year old now but he will be rehomed.

Attachments

• 229297212_353796156477231_3641593970772625382_n.jpg
    229297212_353796156477231_3641593970772625382_n.jpg
    709.6 KB · Views: 156

anewbie

I would stick to white water fishes given your hardness. cockatoo, borelli and similar. I think given how the tank is laid out i would limit to a harem breeder with 1 male and 2 or 3 females. You could possibly have two different groups of paired species but it might be a bit of risk. One could imagine one pair in front and another in the back of course you would not get much viewing pleasure from the ones in the back.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The first question you need to ask yourself is if you want to try breeding apistos in this tank or is it just a community. If a community, then it should be ok if all species are relatively non-aggressive. If you ever want to breed your apistos, then this is one of the worse combinations of fish possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonaldStype

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….