• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hi, id please

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
I might be wrong, but that looks a lot like a Steel Blue, which is probably a hybrid of a couple of Apistogramma species. They seem to be quite common in the States at the moment!

Rolo

5 Year Member
Hi,

I don't think, they are Steel-Blue.
Looks more like a resticulosa type fish and due to the small, short lateral band, I would guess, it's A. sp. Wangenflecken (Cheek-Spot).

regards,
Rolo

fish fodder

5 Year Member
hmm, thanks for all your thoughts. very interesting. i think i can rule out borelli as they were also for sale in the lfs and looked nothing like these.

i know im clutching at straws here but would a pic of a female help?

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
Didn't notice you were a Yorkshireman last time! Where did you get them?

Can you ask the LFS for more info? E.g. where did they get them from? Are they wild or captive bred? Far East or Czech bred? If they can tell you any of these then it might well help with I.D.ing them.

I think any other pictures will help those far better at I.D.ing fish than me...

fish fodder

5 Year Member
maidenhead aquatics in york, i only go once every few months so cant really ask them face to face. i guess i can call though.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I agree with Rolo, it is A. sp. Wangenflecken/Cheek-spots. Like Wangenflecken the fish has slightly bowed vertical bars and a lateral band that ends before reaching the last vertical bar (Bar 7).

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
I'd go with Mike and Rollo's assessment!^^^^ They know their stuff!!! :biggrin:

Might be worth calling the LFS if you can, can't have too much info....

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….